How to tell if you or your athlete is swimming with FRONT CRAWL or FREESTYLE?
If you or your athlete…
– Wiggles like spaghetti or fish tails while swimming,
– Is trying to “push” water backwards with their pull,
– Is training consistently with pull buoys and paddles,
– Is training to increase the strength of their “push”,
– Does not kick or has no power or specific intent to their kick,
– Does not coordinate the pull of the stroke to the kick of the stroke,
– Does not time the location of breathing to the rhythm of their stroke,
– Does not have multiple gears in their stroke to switch through,
– Does not modulate body line and position to improve their torque curve,
– Is attempting to swim faster by trying harder and harder,
– Paces in competition by perceived effort as opposed to technique,
– Is exhausted after swimming laps or is unable to swim continuous laps.
They are not swimming FREESTYLE, they are swimming FRONT CRAWL.